Monday, February 27, 2012

First Family Outting

So Saturday (February 25) we had an appointment at JCPenney for a family photo shoot at 1pm. 
Steven and I were both a little nervous at how Cohen would do.
We thought we may even need to cancel the appointment 
because all week he had been so fussy.

We have been giving him gas drops to try to help
relieve his little tummy.
Up until this point, though, it they hadn't seem to do any good for him.

Anyway, Friday night he slept for FIVE hours the first stretch. 
I felt like I was able to sleep forever. 
It was so nice and much needed. 
That was the start of our wonderfully perfect Saturday. 

So Saturday morning came. 
Cohen woke up and was just a content happy baby boy.
 I fed him, Steve left for his basketball game, then Cohen just sat in his bouncer while I got ready, then I got him ready, then Steve got home and got ready. 

It was now about 11:30am.
 I had last fed Cohen at 10.
 So we thought he for sure would be hungry at noon, 
so I would feed him then we would leave. 
Well noon came and he was just content and happy still!

So we put him in the car seat and left. 
We thought we would start going to Idaho Falls and as soon as he got hungry, 
we would pull over and I would feed him. 
Well he didn't get hungry until we got to JCPenney! 
So I fed him real quick then we took our pictures! 

Cohen did so great 
(...daddy did too)! 
Cohen was a trooper though,
 even when mommy had to change his outfit
 three times.

After taking our pictures and picking out/ordering our favorites, Steve and I were starving. 
So we put Cohen in his stroller and walked over to Carls Jr. for some lunch. 
Cohen slept the WHOLE time while Steve and I ate a very DELICIOUS burger and fries. 
It was so fun. 

Then we loaded Cohen up and headed over to Sams Club
 so Steve could run in and get a few things we needed for home. 
Cohen still slept. 
Then we drove home,
Cohen still slept.
We got home,
Cohen still slept. 
Then he woke up and was a content happy baby boy.
It was like the most wonderful day ever!
Then we changed his diaper--which he didn't like too much--and then I fed him.

After tummy time and just hanging out with mom and dad, he went to bed just before 10.
So Steve and I got to end our perfect family day 
with a movie--
Sweet Home Alabama.  

Life is full of sweet precious moments and today I feel very blessed.




No comments:

Post a Comment